I’m baaaaaack. Actually I’m not back at all, I am in a totally new place- Stockholm! The city of, uh, of, uh, hmmm… it’s not really known for much, is it? They claim to be the “Capital of Scandinavia”, but I guess all the other Scandinavian countries get really mad when they say that, and since I’m contractually obligated (not really actually) to make nice with the other Scandinavian countries I googled something else. Apparently some people have been trying to give it the nickname “Venice of the North” but a) it obviously hasn’t stuck because I have never heard of it, and b) it is in competition with St. Petersburg and some city in Belgium who are also pushing for that nickname. Swedes are pretty passive as a people, so I don’t think they are going to win that fight. But anyways, a lot has happened before we moved here, so I guess I will get right to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment