Friday, July 4, 2008

Tykarpsgrottan and Wånas

For our next big feildtrip we first went to a man-made cave called Tykarpsgrottan. It was, well, to be honest, super lame. I guess it would have been one thing if it was natural, but none of us found it very impressive. I call this one- searching for something interesting: But the feild trip wasnt all bad. After the "caves" we hopped on Scandorama (Blake was sad to hear that this is in no relation to Futurama) and headed to Wånas, a historic castle that has modern art exhibits that are incorporated into the landscape and structures.
Some of the art is located in the buildings that are on the property, but there are woods that you can hike around in with artwork located randomly throughout. The following, "Love in the Afternoon" was the group favorite: Some of the exhibits didnt quite make sense, but Michelle and I interpreted them the best we could. This one is inexplicitly titled "The Eigth Chimney." Yeah, we got nothing....
The coolest/creepiest part of the exhibit was an old barn that had different floors with different random things. All the windows had a red tint to them, and there was a rotating alarm that was saying something in Swedish in a very serious, monotomous tone. Yeah, I realize that doesnt expalin anything. You just had to see it. Here is Vicky trying to get out of the creepy place:
The only non-creppy part of the barn was this random rotating floor. Again, I have no idea how this is art, but it was fun. Here, Brianna attempts to slide across it:


Well, that about covers that trip. If you want to see the rest of the pics, you can see them here.

No comments: